Saturday, December 3, 2011

Tartan, Kilts, and Fighting Scots.

No, I'm not back at Gordon. But it sure felt like I was!
Instead, I was in Edinburgh, Scotland. It was great.
Since Katie came back from studying there in the spring, it has been on my to-go-here list. This week is our study week (aka travel week) and we headed here for a couple of days. I went with my Swiss friend, Noemi,  and stayed with Katie's friend, Pippa and her housemates. They were so sweet and so hospitable, we had such a great time. We weren't able to do much in the city because of weather and illness, but the city was lovely and Christmas-y. There was a Christmas German Market on Princes Street where we spent a lot of time and I absolutely loved. We also visited the Castle on the cliff, took tea with the Queen in her palace, and joined a protest strike. Okay, maybe that isn't all true. We did visit Holyrood Palace though which is where the Queen spends her summers. And it just so happened the day we were in Edinburgh was Saint Andrews Day, aka chaos, when everyone in the city decided to hold protests. But the upside of it, was free admission to all of the museums and castles! Anyway, it was a great taste of Scotland, I cannot wait to go back.

Fighting the weather.
Christmas Market


Edinburgh Castle on the cliff
Holyrood Palace

Parade of strikes.
Arthur's Seat


No comments:

Post a Comment