Monday, November 7, 2011

In Dublin's Fair City.

St. Patrick's Cathedral (not the one in NYC!)
Largest Cathedral in Ireland on the site where
St. Patrick performed his first baptisms in Ireland.
 
I have been DYING to get to Dublin these whole two months I have been in Ireland and I finally went! For those of you who don't know Irish geography, it's pretty much directly on the other side of the island than Limerick and a pain to get to. So, to be honest, I was waiting for a free train ticket and free housing to go, which I got through my program having another weekend together. I caught the train Friday night and met up with the other Americans from my program in Dublin.

Guinness Storehouse!
Found out all about how Guinness is made and advertised since 1759
when Arthur Guinness signed a 9,000 year lease on the factory.
(We still have plenty of more years to look forward to Guinness!)







Then, we became full-on tourists, exploring the Guinness Storehouse, Dublin Castle, St. Patrick's Cathedral, and Temple Bar. It was a full weekend of adventures and I just enjoyed wandering around the city. I would go back to Dublin in a heartbeat. I love it there.








 
Free pint of Guinness at the end!

The view of Dublin from the Gravity Bar.
Ran into the filming of the new show 'Blood and Steel'.
Look for it. I may or may not have snuck into a scene.




Apparently I chose the wrong side of Ireland to live in.
Dublin: always sunny and gorgeous.



 
Collins Barracks from 1702.
Now the site of the Decorative Arts and History Museum.

Found the leprechauns. 

Christ's Church. Founded 1028AD. Pretty old. 

Dublin Castle. 1204 AD. Not as old but still.

Temple Bar.
Don't actually know the history, BUT biggest
tourist bar ever. Very different at night..

Trinity College. Founded 1592 by Queen Elizabeth I. 




Gordon in Ireland!



On Sunday I met up with the only other Fighting Scot in Ireland, Alana, and browsed around Trinity College, stopped at an AMAZING crepe place for lunch, and did some great shopping before heading back to Limerick.

1 comment:

  1. So good to see a picture of you in the sunshine!
    Love you, Aunt Lo

    ReplyDelete