Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Arsenal.Arsenal.Arsenal.

But don't just read the title. Imagine it being chanted. In a stadium. By 60,000 people.... yeah...


Sunday morning started off with a lovely walk around Kensington Gardens in search of Peter Pan. Some say he is just a fairy tale, but no, we found him!

 

As exciting as he was, the best part of the park were the squirrels. Steph, being from Australia, had never actually seen a squirrel before in real life. She was fascinated by them.  But these weren't just normal squirrels.  They came right up to you- like a cat. I can't say I've ever had a squirrel just come charging at me before that day...
Alright. Enough about rodents. After a nice walk we started to head to Emirates Stadium.  And after about 8 trains and a trip back to the hostel because SOMEONE forget her ticket.... (Whoops!), we joined loads of other fans decked out in Arsenal shirts, scarves, hats, and anything else you can imagine, making our way to the stadium.



Arsenal V. Sunderland.
It was epic.
Of course we had to grab a hot dog when we arrived (biggest hotdog of my life, by the way) but then made our way to our seats, only to find out I booked a seat two rows away. FAIL. But thankfully a nice Irish lad let me switch.
The game was AMAZING. We scored in the first ten seconds and kept that lead for awhile, and then it was tied at 1, but then WE WON! It was great. I could load thousands of game pictures, but I'll refrain.




 It was such an awesome experience. So glad I get to check soccer off my list of pro games to go to. Now I just have to find some Rugby.  Shouldn't be too hard...
After the game, we made our way to Hogwarts, only to find out King's Cross was a little under construction and therefore, 9 and 3/4 was just a tourist stand on the corner of the street.  A little disappointing for some, but since I've never read Harry Potter, it didn't bother me all too much.
We grabbed some great Indian food for dinner, because apparently London does great Indian? or so I've been told. And it was really good. (If you couldn't tell, our lives obviously revolved around food).
Then, another early, 4am, morning to catch the taxi to the station, a train to the airport, a plane to Limerick, and a bus to Uni. Quite complicated, I know.  But made it back just in time for my noon tutorial! Perfect timing.
So that's that! A fantastic weekend with memories I'll never forget. Can't wait to go back!
<3 London.

No comments:

Post a Comment