Friday, September 2, 2011

Getting Oriented.

Well, Orientation is finally over. It was a long couple days of feeling like a Freshman all over again.
Tuesday I arrived in the morning and took a trip up to Galway with two other Interstudy students. We then headed over to the Cliffs of Moher (one of Ireland's most famous landmarks) which were just gorgeous. I definitely want to go back there again when I'm not half asleep. But they were still just stunning.


We had dinner in this nice little seaside town. It reminded me a lot of New England with the little shops and rocky beaches.
Thursday was a long, long day of sitting in a lecture hall with a hundred other students hearing ALL about everything here at the university. Seriously, ask me anything. I know it ALL! Even though I went on about five tours of the grounds, I guarantee I'm going to still get lost. This campus is huge. I will never complain about walking from the Woodland parking lot to Ferrin at Gordon EVER again. That's about 1/3 of the walking I will have to do every day. But I wouldn't trade it.  The campus is beyond gorgeous. And apparently we have been having amazing weather. Cloudy and chilly, but it has yet to rain! 
Today I spent the day browsing and shopping in the City Center (or Downtown Limerick).
So that's it. Not too much happening this past week but I feel like I haven't sat down for more than twenty minutes at a time. 
Loving it very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment